I literally just realized this yesterday and it totally snuck up on me I can’t believe it. I have been so busy doing 10 or 12+ hour days the last couple weeks putting some very cool things together for the near future for Vancouver Fit Body Boot Camp and I completely forgot about this.
Now if you want to win some free Vancouver boot camp for literally 2 minutes of your time then keep reading!
Today for me is slightly different than the example I am going to use here but if you are in a relationship with someone and you forget this special day, you are generally in the dog house with your partner…
Well thankfully I won’t be in the dog house with Renee for this one but…
Today is August 17th and it marks the 6th Year Anniversary of Vancouver Fit Body Boot Camp being up and running in our current location at 1634 West 75th Avenue!!
It has been a journey and a half since opening and I want to thank all of you for allowing this to get to this point and be celebrated!
I am shocked at how fast time has flown by with this and I don’t even have kids yet… I can’t imagine how much faster time will fly by then.
I want to share 6 things that I have learned over the past 6 years of opening and running the boot camp. In no particular order:
1. Life is going to hit you and hit you hard and keep piling it on to see if you are willing to take the hits. I am a firm believer that we are not given what we want in life, we are given what we need. The obstacles that come up in our lives are there to teach us lessons to grow. Two months after first opening the boot camp my best friend who I had been living with for a couple years past away suddenly, boot camp was losing money for months, Renee and I had been dating for 3 years and broke up and more. That time was not fun but I learned life keeps going no matter what happens and your only choice is to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward, or don’t.
2. Changing how you look on the outside helps with your confidence and self-image but if you don’t change and grow who you are on the inside so will feel you don’t deserve it and you will never maintain those results or achieve more. And it’s amazing how many people I realize look and smell good on the outside but are really hurting on the inside. I was one of those people for a number of years. People looked up to me and thought I was doing great and doing well for myself but I was definitely hurting on the inside. I beat myself up in my own head everyday that I wasn’t good enough until I came across personal development and starting changing who I was from the inside. And now? The sky is the limit for me and I’m excited about it!
3. One of my keys to personal development was getting around people who were more successful than I was that I could learn from. I don’t just mean more successful in the financial sense. I mean it in all areas from financial to confidence to social skills to leadership to spirituality. And if you can’t find that group like me in the beginning, pay for it! Pay for coaches, go to conferences, pay for the association because the more you get around the people who have results in their life that you want, the more you will begin to think like them and do the things that will give you the results they have.
4. This one ties into personal development to but be willing to battle your own demons. Take steps on a daily steps to improve your chances of not just winning the battle against your personal demons but winning the war! Two of my many were low self-image because I couldn’t and wouldn’t talk to anyone I didn’t know and second I was at the mercy of what other people thought of me. What did I start with? Saying hi to one person a day I didn’t know. Was that a lot? For me it was. I still remember like it was yesterday on day 3 getting super anxious to say hi to a 70 year old guy looking at yogurt in Safeway. That’s where I started! I worked on that daily and about a year later I set a goal and for a month I started conversation with 20 plus people a day for 30 days. That shrunk that demon down to having very little power over me anymore. And the more I talked to people, the less I thought about what they were thinking about me!
5. This one I have heard many many many times over the past 5 years and it wasn’t until about a month ago I finally applied it and wow the results have been stunning!! Be singleminded! We have too many things going on in our life and we live our life as if everything is a priority and so very little gets done. I’ve had another business on the side of boot camp for the last 5 years and the entire last 5 years I have been doubleminded, never truly giving 100% to either, probably only 50% effort to both and alternating times of more effort to one than the other. I finally decided to be single minded and put that other business to the side and focus on boot camp and the amount I have gotten done, caught up on, prepared and what’s to come as a result is SUPER EXCITING!!!
6. Lastly, and actually the most important thing I’ll share as #6. I have chased after certain material things that ultimately left me empty. Even after hitting certain goals that I set for myselfand achieving them I felt good but something was still missing. I’ve realized that my number one priority and the thing that gives people the most happiness in their lives over anything is having an unbelievable marriage that is romantic, exciting, full of love, has tons of communication and is solely focused on commitment to one another. My wife Renee is the most important thing in my life and the one that gives me the most joy and happiness no matter what is happening in our lives. That didn’t just happen though! We have worked on it every single day, we read relationship and marriage books, we got mentored by people with amazing marriages (lessons 1, 2 and 3 above!). Love and your relationships are a choice and they are a choice that you have to choose everyday to work on.
Wow, just looking back on that after writing it, it has been an amazing 6 years. Full of joy and struggle and I’ve learned to embrace that struggle because of the lessons I can learn from it to grow myself. Plus the struggles are what make the good times, the good times.
Those are top 6 lessons that I can think of that I have learned over the past 6 years and I hope they add some value to you.
Now, before I show you how you could win some free boot camp I want to give you something so you can all take home a small gift.
It is something that I put together even though we are getting late into the summer season but we still got a good month worth of it left so I thought it was worth it.
I searched around and compiled a list of awesome, and healthy, recipes to make on the grill. Just click on the image below and you will be able to download it!
OK now lets give you the chance to win
FREE boot camp now shall we!
I have posted an anniversary picture to our facebook fan page and there are 3 things you can do to increase your chances of winning an entry into our 6 Week Body Transformation Challenge starting in September. Doing each of these things will give you an entry.
- Like the picture
- Comment on the picture (something positive!)
- Share the picture on your personal profile.
Do all 3 and that will give you 5 chances to win a FREE 6 Week Body Transformation Challenge from us here at our Vancouver Boot Camp.
Click here to go to Vancouver Fit Body Boot Camp on Facebook and enter. Don’t forget to like our page as well!
Make sure to like, comment and share the post today to enter!
Have an amazing day and thank you for being a part of my 6th year anniversary!!